This endorsement course teaches students the basics of celestial navigation with the working knowledge to gain a position fix at sea. Students will get hands-on experience with the sextant and learn the fascinating concepts that make celestial navigation possible. We highly recommend this course as an important skill for emergency navigation and as a fun learning exercise that will allow you to better understand everyday lunar changes.
This is a Online Virtual Class which will be using Zoom video conferencing software where all content will be provide on screen with live audio interaction between the Instructor and Students just as in a classroom setting. Total class time is 10 hours broken into 5 weekly sessions.
Required class dates and times are as follows:
- Thursday April 7th – 6pm – 8pm EST | 5pm – 7pm CST
- Tuesday April 12th – 6pm – 8pm EST | 5pm – 7pm CST
- Thursday April 14th – 6pm – 8pm EST | 5pm – 7pm CST
- Thursday April 21th – 6pm – 8pm EST | 5pm – 7pm CST
- Thursday April 28th – 6pm – 8pm EST | 5pm – 7pm CST
Once you sign up you will receive the class registration information within 24 hours. Please use the registration information to complete your enrollment and get updated with the course dates and times.